Thursday, April 22, 2010
Here's to you, Earth; Thanks for having me
In observance of Earth Day, the first thing I did this morning after waking up in my Rodeo in a Wegmans supermarket parking lot was grab an empty 2-liter bottle and walk it into the store, where I deposited it in a nifty bottle-processing recycling machine. Some might accuse me of having ulterior motives for the gesture; I did get a five cent credit for depositing the plastic. I must admit, the monetary incentive certainly played a role in my decision. Now I have a voucher for 5 cents burning a hole in my pocket. I think I'll use it on half a peanut from the bulk section when I go back. One other way I showed my respect for the environment today was by consciously forgoing a shower...again. Water conservation is important, people. Aah, it feels good to give back to Ol' Momma Earth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment